Important location change: Due to the forecast, the Chili Cook-Off will occur at Green Mountain National Golf Course. All other details are the same.
The Killington Chili Cook-Off is back!
The Town of Killington Department of Parks & Recreation is excited to announce the return of the Chili Cook-Off. Join the competition and bring your finest chili to compete for the title of Best Chili in Killington or just come to taste! All proceeds benefit the Killington Scholarship Fund to support children in sports and summer programs.
The event is Thursday, July 29 from 5-8 pm at Green Mountain National Golf Course and will feature live entertainment by the John Lackard Blues Band. There will be a cash bar, and no outside alcohol is permitted.
Individual - $10
Couple - $15
Family of Four - $25
Chili cook-off contestants - free
Read below to learn more about how to enter the cook-off. Event Overview:
The Chili Cook-Off will be celebrating its eighth year in 2021. In the past, over 15 local restaurants and individuals brought their best tasting chili to share. After skipping a year because of COVID, we’re looking to increase that number. This event draws a large crowd consisting of residents, second-homeowners, and tourists. Chili will be judged in three categories: Judge's Choice; Most Creative; and People’s Choice, voted on by the crowd. Guidelines for participating:
Benefits of Participation:
- Participants are required to supply 3 gallons of chili, along with a list of main ingredients such as pork, beef, or vegetarian
- Bring a table and serveware for the chili. No electricity is provided so chafing dishes are suggested.
- Participants must have people present to serve the chili.
- Participants can bring a business banner and promotional items to distribute if interested.
Participants will receive prominent recognition in a variety of forms, including:
- Online - Your Business name and/or logo will be utilized in the Killington Recreation webpage.
- Social Media – Promotion of the event through Killington Parks and Recreation Facebook and Instagram pages.
- Email Newsletter Blasts – Your business name and/or logo will be included in information sent on email blasts through Killington Pico Area Association
- Press Releases – Your business may be mentioned in press releases sent out to all appropriate media outlets before and after the event.
- Chili Cook-Off Advertising - The Killington Chili Cook-Off will be advertised in print in the weeks leading up to the event.
There are no entry fees for this event, but you must pre-register using the "Register Your Chili" link below by July 22, 2021
.Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Who can drink beer at the Chili Cook-Off?Those that are 21+ may purchase beer from designated businesses at the event. Proper identification must be shown in order to obtain a wristband.
2. Can I sell items at my table? No, but you may give away any promotional items you’d like. The more things you give away, the better chance you’ll have at winning the People’s Choice category!
3. Who will be judging my chili?There will be several judges for the Judges choice and most creative. The People’s Choice category is voted on by the people.
4. Where should I park?Parking is available at the Sherburne Memorial Library, Killington Town Garage, Johnson Recreation Center, and the Killington Town Offices. Parking is prohibited on the lawn.
5. What if it rains?The event is rain or shine. We recommend bringing a tent for this reason.
6. Do I need to be present to win?Yes. Winners will be announced at 7:30 pm. If you win, you get to take a picture with your trophy!7. What does the Killington Parks and Recreation Department provide?
The Rec Department provides a sign for your table, napkins, cups, spoon, tasting tickets, and wristbands for attendees 21+.8. Are pets allowed at the event?
Pets are strictly prohibited at this event. You will not be admitted to the event with a pet.